Thursday, August 18, 2011

A spoonful of crow...



So, I have to take back my birthday lament- well partially. My 26th turned out to be pretty awesome. My office cake was only the beginning of many celebrations over the course of the weekend including my last official birthday lunch on yesterday! To my pleasant surprise I got many thoughtful gifts, wishes, and blessings-some from people I was even more surprised to get them from, all because they decided I was special. *awwwwwww* More importantly, I got to spend some time with my sweet family eating, shopping, playing cards, and just lounging around. Then my bff and her cousins decided to buy me a round for each year. If rounds were years, I only made it to age 3! Ha! All in all, it was pretty great- the best in a while.

Now that I'm on the other side of 25 and face forward to 30, I can say I don't feel much different other than feeling more aware. And that's a good thing, a very good thing. So, to the 25 years young me I say, here's looking at you kid. To 26 and beyond? I say, hopefully this shall be the beginning of a beautiful friendship :)

2 comments:

  1. LOLL! no way they were going to buy 100 rounds of drinks ! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm mad you're calling me 100 years old!!!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?