Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Another Manic-Depressive Monday...

I don't remember this at all...but it looks like I had fun *shrug*
It's another week y'all. I feel like I just did this... Entire weeks seem to just merge into one giant day. My weekends are starting to feel like my dreams-  awesome and interesting while I'm in them, but when they're over I don't remember a thing. It's like they never happened. *deep sigh*

*PSA* Every time another person tells me they've checked out my blog, I feel pressure to set a more positive tone. I'm resisting that though. This is not an inspirational blog. It is documentation of my time at the school of Hard Knocks. So, sorry If I depress you. But considering my title, I'm assuming you didn't come here to figure out how to find the bright side of things :/ ***


But anyway, back to this uber underwhelming Monday... It sucks. A never-ending wash, rinse, and repeat cycle of boredom, frustration, and exercise in restraint. I think the one thing worse than being unhappy is being uninspired. At least unhappy is an emotion. Uninspired is a big black hole of nothing. You feel nothing. You do nothing. Soon you began to want nothing. Dreams dissolve and ambition fades. The absence of challenge retards growth. I am not challenged. I am not inspired. I am not pressed, primed, or fired.

Oddly enough, I will say that having little sister in the house has helped a bit. Having another warm body around forces me to shower not go home and just stare at the wall. After awhile, my pretending to be productive in front of her turns into me actually being productive. My no-I-don't-really-wanna-take-a-nap-with-my-head-in-the-stove mask eventually turns into my real face. The importance and necessity of companionship is so underrated these days...

Not much else to say today. After a rousing staff meeting I'm ready to go chew on rusty nails.

Hope your day is better than mine.

XOXO




1 comment:

Got something to say?