Friday, August 12, 2011

Sippin' on Haterade...

My friend and her mountainous landscape can kiss my ...

A friend of mine just emailed me "Finally WIFI! Sitting at the base of Mont Blanc in Chamonix France eating crepes..." I wanted to fire back a you-suck-at-life response. But I didn't. I just looked up past my computer screen and out to the Giant Ass Pine Tree. *deep sigh* Generally I would hate, but I refrained. I reminded myself that some people would love to reside on the Upper East Side of this sprawling desert that is Texas. Complete with pine trees, lizards, and 100+ degree summers... Who wouldn't want to be here?

While I don't really wish I was in France right now, I do wish I was somewhere else. I know, I know, but I swear this is not my usual rant! This is more in regards to travel than residence. There's just so much to see in this world and I need to see it all- in person! 

Back in the day when kids still played regular PlayStation, I was obsessed with Tomb Raider. I wanted to BE her. I used to use those old wooden picture frame holders as a gun and pretend my parents were evil agents and my little sister was some deadly creature and pretended to execute her night after night. Good times...
My weapons of choice
Anyway, one of the main settings of the game was Venice and having Lara Croft dodge bullets and retrieve treasures in the floating city made me fall in love with the place and I promised myself that I would visit it one day. I still plan to but now I realize that planning is more than just wishing. You have to get stuff in order and make things happen.

So, my first order of business is to get my budget in order. I've already put myself on a handbag ban and I am proud to say that I haven't bought a new handbag in two whole months! I'm also trying to cut spending in others areas as well. What would really be nice is to have some extra income but I'm sure if I actually started saving some of the money I already have I'll be on my way to Venice in no time. But first I need a passport. And a travel partner ;-)

Happy Friday! Go off and see the world this weekend! I'm going to go spend time with the fam, get drunk, a celebrate the birthday that I'm starting to feel better and better about!

XOXO-AG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?