Friday, July 29, 2011

*deep sigh*

I'm coming...
It's Friday. I'm at work. Staring at GAP (giant ass pine tree). I'm wishing I was somewhere else... the Beach. At one point after wanting something for so long do you just go out and get it? How long do you weigh the pros and cons before you realize that the good totally makes all the bad worth it?

I've been struggling with Beach for so long now. Should I go? Should I stay? Will I need extra protection?

Beach is a volatile mecca of amazing. It's insane, unpredictable and fickle. You never know if you're going to walk into cool breezes and gentle waves or sweltering heat and a tsunami. It's burned me before ya know? The last time I saw it, it promised me a mellow afternoon alone with grainy goodness between my toes and a fruity cocktail in my hand. Instead, I got ratchet boom box music, crowded sand, and weird guys with visible butt cleavage offering me their last Bud Light. The time before that, it presented me an image of bright sun and warm waters. What I got was wind that wouldn't quit and water too cool to even stick my feet in.

Nevertheless, I still long for it. Even at it's worst, it brings out the best in me. I miss it. From childhood to as recent as the past couple of years, some of my fondest memories are anchored there. Inner tubes and floaties with the family, bikini pics and sandcastles with friends- I've even had one of those classic, heart wrenching strolls in the sand. And even though I don't see it very often, something inside of me tells me it's where I've always supposed to be. Something inside of me also tells me I should grow dreadlocks, smoke weed, and paint water color portraits on the side of the road for food...but I'm fighting this.

I'm going to do it. I've got a move coming up and I'm going to focus all my attention there. Some of my friends won't like this. My mother may not approve. But eventually they'll see how happy I am, the calmness that it brings me. Just thinking about it now is bringing a wash of serenity over me. I'm not sure about too many things right now but this is one daydream that just won't quit. The East Coast is calling me and I'm going to answer...very, very soon.

Happy Friday. Hope you're getting ready to go live the good life...or at least making plans to :).

5 comments:

  1. Yea...i just drop by to say hello and we sho gonna be trying to live the good life...me and tunce gonna hitch the weedwacker up to the riding mo and give the yard a good trimmin...if the mo won't start like often times it won't...we gonna just abondon dat idea and git in the benz let all the winders down, cuz the air don't work and just be living for the city...yea summertime when the living is easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea me and the Tunce know how to have fun..with his t-shirt tucked neatly into his pj's with a bowl of watermellon and me wit my new fancy knee brace and a bag of imported pork rines...we are set for the evening......

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?