Friday, October 26, 2012

Another one bites the dust...

Another one of my friends is getting married!!! WooHoo!!! I am super excited! Right now, I'm standing on the bridge of 27 looking over at 30- so even though I'm unattached at the moment, I am constantly and consistently in love! So what if the objection of my affection is just an idea? It's still better than nothing and one day, I know for sure that that idea will manifest into what will certainly be the most fantastic love of my life. And I can't wait! Weddings excite me! they make me cry, they make me think, they make me pray extra hard for my own knight in shining loafers to scoop me up and ride me off to the nearest Chipotle for some yummy guacamole! *mmmmmm*  I bubble over with glee just thinking about it.

I can't wait for the day I meet the person that is willing to put up with me, and who also appreciates how I put up with them in return. But let me be clear, it's the companionship that I crave.  Having gone through many of the motions of planning my own former wedding, I can honestly say that I got little pleasure from pouring through decorations, dresses, and bouquets... *deep sigh*. I was so wishing that I could just pay someone to do it ALL for me. The only thing I thoroughly enjoyed throughout the whole ordeal was planning the beach-side barbecue reception. Yep, I wanted barbecue and mason jars filled with sweet tea and lemonade. *country beach bum chic til the day I die*  And since that idea was mine and mine alone, I plan on pitching that to my next and last fiance.

He's coming, I can feel it in my bones. He's going to see me, and think hmmm, she's pretty cute. We'll chat face-to-face for a bit. I'll smile and make eye-contact. He'll pretend to listen while scrutinizing my face. He'll think my baby teeth are hilariously cute and that my eyes are, well, kinda amazing. Once he's made up in his mind that he finds me quite pretty, even beautiful, he'll actually start listening to the words that come out of my mouth. He'll realize that I'm smart but incredibly ridiculous. He'll quickly gather that there are double meanings to everything I say but understand that both meanings are purposeful. He'll want to run but realize that he can't. He'll think I'm crazy but I'm his kind of crazy. It will hit him, SHE'S THE ONE... HOLY CRAP! THERE'S A "ONE"!!!

After a sufficient time of misadventures in dating, he'll decide that he'd much rather have a life with me than without and that it's imperative that we go jump a broom, ASAP. I will gladly agree, and 30 years and 2.5 kids later, He'll sit back and watch the game while I kiss his balding head and rub his old shoulders while sweetly whispering in his ears about the new must-have marble counter tops I recently spotted at Lowe's. He'll agree to have them installed as long as I agree to go fix him a drink and quietly watch the remainder of the game with him.  I'll happily comply.

Ahh, that is my idea of the sweet life :-)

Happy Friday and even happier weekend!!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?