Monday, October 10, 2011

Around and around we go...


I woke up this morning with my head in the clouds. Literally. Like, I don't know what's in this East Texas soil but whatever it's producing gives me the worst allergies EVER. I feel like my eyeballs are wearing sweaters and there are tiny ants running laps in my nose. But oh well. What else did I expect from a Monday? They always kinda suck.

On the bright side, I decided to squeeze every perk that I could out of my job and went ahead and booked a flight to D.C. Our national conference is coming up and I'm sharing a suite with some old friends. It will be good for me. Drinks, girl talk, abusing my employer's dollar...good times. One of these friends is once again recruiting me to come to Duke. If it were a year ago and the right price, I'd be there. Now, I'm feeling the need to settle and I just don't think NC is the place for me to do that...for various reasons. The mature person in me realizes that it's best to just stay put until I figure things out :-/. The kid in me says, "WHERE DO I SIGN?!?! BALLS TO THE WALLS, BITCHESSSS!"

Hmmm... This is all for today.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?