Friday, September 2, 2011

A Rare Moment

Happiness...
It's relative.

I haven't posted in a while- mainly because I haven't had anything to say, relative to this blog anyway. For the first time in a long time, I don't really have anything to  complain about. Sure there are things that could be better. I still haven't gotten my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm super paranoid about my gums. I've got a case of baby-fever which doesn't seem to translate too well to concerned mothers sharing a small aisle with me in the grocery store with no husband in sight, and no matter what I do, Beyonce will still beat me having the best week ever. But for once, those are not really complaints. They are more so neutral observations. And I'm okay with them.

I woke up this morning and didn't immediately think, God I've gotta get out of this place. I no longer think all men suck just because I can't get the hot ones to commit. I also no longer think the hot ones are douches just because they won't. I don't hate my job. I just dislike it exponentially. My family and friends are well, and as far as I know, I am too. Lately, my answer to the woes of the world have pretty much just been a deep sigh and shrug. And I'm not even on Xanax. I call that a WIN. Right?

Did I mention I'm finally going to the beach? It's a gulf beach. And there will probably be more rocks than sand. But, it's still a beach. And there will definitely be water and some sand. I'm dare I say happy about that- which brings me to the best part of this moment. It's Friday AND Labor Day weekend. Three day weekend, poor man's beach, even poorer man's mixed drinks, and some quality time with one of my more um, "challenged", BFF's- all for a cost that won't break my bank. I'm going to redefine society's standards to fit my current situation and just go ahead and call all of this The Good Life, Dolce Vita, Click-click-smack-pop-cluck <<that's African I'm lying.


Happy Friday! And remember, whatever you're doing this weekend, make it the new definition of living THAT life and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?