Monday, September 26, 2011

Sh*t Happens...


A scary thing happened today. A faculty member called me with a crisis and I didn't blink. Either I no longer care about my job. Or I no longer care. Period. But to be honest, I felt good about this reaction. Most times, I'm pretty mellow but easily riled by certain triggers. The situation said faculty member called me with is easily a trigger that would make me dive into my purse for a Xanax. But not today. I sat in silence as she accused me of a mistake. Then I waited patiently for her to calm down and ask me for assistance. I did not offer explanation. I did not try to make excuses or defend myself for something that actually was a bit of her fault. I just said, "Ok." I'm sure she is pissed. Which is a shame. I liked her. Oh well. I like this new attitude. Some things are worth having a cow over. Most things are not. At one point I thought my job was going to kill me. And then I decided that at 26 and making what I make, I'm not at the point yet where my job should be my life. I'm also not at the point where I should take it so seriously. And honestly, no matter what age I am, and no matter how much I make, I think I'll always feel that way. And that is alright with me.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?