Friday, November 11, 2011

Easy come, easy go...

Yay! Just what I wanted...

Hi guys. I think my need for this blog is coming to end- well this blog in particular anyway. A lot of things have changed in my life and my writing is sure to reflect it. And, well...what I have to say just really isn't suited for a place called "Cause growin' up is hard..." anymore. That's not to say my life has suddenly become perfect- it hasn't. But I'm different. Things are different. My reactions are different. And right now, even though I'm completely exhausted from my D.C. trip and extremely conflicted about the job offer I just received 4 months after I applied, I am incredibly happy. I got a ticket on the way back from Houston. It was at night, I'd just gotten off a 3.5 hour plane ride with the dreaded middle seat, and I'm pretty sure I was talking to God the whole way home. I'd seen the blue lights behind me about 5 minutes prior to actually pulling over. I thought it was an ambulance so I slowed down and changed lanes. Then I thought- damn, this ambulance could have passed me already! Then it finally dawned on me. "Oh...shit."

Everybody knows getting a ticket can fuck up your entire night, week, and even month if they catch during that "if-I-can-just-make-it-to-pay-day" period. I wish I could give you the extreme play-by-play which would surely entertain you, but I can't. Five minutes after pulling back onto the highway, I got a phone call and heard a voice that pulled me right back to my happy place and managed to keep me there even after getting home and reading the guide that told me my ticket would cost me $224. Now if you know me and how I feel about money, I'm sure you want to give the person that accomplished that a prize right now. Lucky for you, he thinks the prize is me. So you're off the hook ;-).

I feel...something. I know what it is. I just can't say it yet. But soon...

Oh well, here's to another Friday post. You'll hear from me again. November is just super crazy for me, but in a good way. As soon as I get back to myself, we'll chat again. I won't quit you. I'm just evolving...but I promise to take you with me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, don't tell me you've gone soft! Kidding, kidding. I'll miss your snark but I'm glad you're happy. Perhaps you just need to change the name of your blog? Then you could keep telling us about your crazy adventures. Your public demands it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, as you can see from my latest post, I clearly spoke too soon!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?