Monday, November 28, 2011

"Baby, you're so special, you should be on the cover of the Special K box."

#winning

They say time flies when you're having fun. If that's true than time for me has gone by faster than universities can turn out pedophiles and sexual predators. Too soon? Probably. And man, do I feel good?! My weekend away was WONDERFUL. It was just...everything *said dreamily with doe eyes*. I just feel so lucky and blessed. :-). And then, Thanksgiving was wonderfully restful. I may have put on actual clothes once over my four day break. Anyway, it was so nice that I managed to make it to work today on time and without the usual taste of bitterness in my mouth. I'd call that a #win.

But honestly, I think my uplifted mood comes more from knowing that my time here is steadily and speedily coming to an end. Fortunately, the new digs will be halfway between here and home so I get to make new friends and keep my old ones AND be closer to my sweet mommy (and the pops and sis of course).

It's kind of amazing how the course of your life can change in the blink of an eye. And yes, tomorrow could overturn all our current plans. But that's ok. Because in actuality, all I ever really have is today anyway. And today I am extremely happy and excited about the future. It's full of all the things I've ever wanted and it's so close I can touch it. In a world full of sadness and disappointment, where good people die young and murderers live to be 100, it makes no sense to dwell on the unfortunate things you can not change. We're all going to die anyway, and few of us will be ready to go back with Jesus when He comes so the least we could do is try to live the short time that we have happy. *shrug* All you can do is think it over, talk about it with Jesus and pray that you really heard him say yes (or no) and forge ahead.

Anyway, it's time to get back in the groove of things. Only three working weeks this month and thanks to a special guest this coming weekend, I'm already feeling pleasantly unfocused. :-)

Happy Monday! Make it count. Be present in your life and live the hell outta it!

1 comment:

  1. Whee! I love your happy posts! And I'm excited to hear more about when/where you're moving! Three cheers for happiness - you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?