Monday, December 3, 2012

Cause err'day is a day of Thanksgiving

"The gift of life is life itself."

*Some of the sweetest ladies I know are carrying lives  inside of them at this very moment- Congrats!!!*

I have this really bad habit of treating some days better than others. Whether it's the way I dress, or what tasks I chose to take on for the day, I treat some days as throw-away days and spend hours willing the time away. And that's horrible. I was going to treat today as one of those days. I'm flying out of town tomorrow and today was going to be spent focusing on getting ready, tying up loose ends, and packing. I just hired an assistant and today is her first day, so I was also going to have to put some time into orientating her. *deep sigh* My plan was to treat today as my Friday, throw on some jeans, and stow away in my office until 4:35.

But as I pulled my hair up into the rather substantial ponytail that it's become, I thought to myself, today is a brand new day, the entirety of which has not been promised to me...a new day with fresh grace and mercy, full of possibilities. So, instead of throwing on my university t-shirt and Toms, I swiped on some shadow and blush,  grabbed my brand new pink blazer out of my closet, pulled on my black skinnies and heels,  and Naomi Campbell-ed out the door.

I've really got to do better.  Every single breath is a gift. Everyday is a chance for a miracle. Every Walgreens run in is an opportunity to fall in love. Every chat with the boss is precursor to a promotion.

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?