Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm not complaining, but...

Today has really been one of those days... so much so that I had to go home and pop half a Xanax just to keep my head from exploding. It all started with the March of the Drones. That is the name I've given to that miserable walk between the parking garage and my office. I already knew it was going to be some kind of a day. I was about 21 minutes late and due to the food baby I'm carrying, my pants didn't exactly fit and my butt looked extra big. Normally I'd love that, but today I just felt like I was lugging around one of those ghetto booties- just big for no reason. *deep sigh* **I digress**

Anyway, I made the fortunate mistake of watching some TED video about how schools kills creativity. It displayed in the most brilliant animated way how formal education strips us of every ounce of creative juice in our being that makes us unique. By the time we are old enough to realize and embark on our dreams, most of us have already been reduced to mere scantron sheets in human clothing. And when that happens, if you're lucky, you end up in an office with a beautiful view pushing papers with important to someone other than yourself information that you are responsible for processing/collating/transferring to file 13 so that the machine continues to operate smoothly and the rich SOBs controlling them get to buy their little brats that totally necessary jet ski for their 13 birthday...

I've lost where I was going with this rant but you get the picture.

Happy Thursday.

Ohsh*teffingmonkeyballs! It's only Wednesday.

:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?